LOST ON LAFAYETTE


Help Me Help You

Tuesday

When my mom came she really wanted to go see a movie but didn't want to drive all the way to Dearborn and deal with the obnoxious amount of adolescents that seem to hang out there perpetually.

I figured out that the Detroit Film Theater is almost always showing really great films, foreign and independent, with extremely reasonable prices. They have discounts for members and for students and seniors. So, no reason for you not to go see a film on the weekends! Located right on Woodward at the Detroit Institute of Arts, it has a prime location. Did I mention that the theater is totally gorgeous and has been redone, the velvet seats are comfortable and luxurious...Click here for descriptions of the films currently and coming up and showtimes.

Your second option for films is the Burton Theater, which has just opened and is conveniently located on Cass Ave. They also have the cutest little website and I just love the people who work there. When i lost my keys they totally had them for me and let me come even when they were closed to give them back. Talk about customer service! Here is where to go to find out what you are going to see tonight.

Finally, for your Tyler Perry fix or general action movie location, there is always the Ren Cen 4. This place is fun, a little expensive, and only has four screens. Usually they have the movies you would go out of town for, though. here is their website for your reference.

Go get your date on, or take me out if you don't have a special someone right now.

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't been to the burton. Tell me when something cool is showing there & I'll come out there and we can go

    ReplyDelete