LOST ON LAFAYETTE


Help Me Help You

Saturday


PART 2 & 3 OF 4: Helping Hampy get some clothes

Dearest Hampy,
Today I went to go get some work out clothing and t-shirts in preparation for my Spring full of activity! I went to the downtown-ish Salvation Army on at 1200 West Fort St. to get said clothes. Since it was a Saturday they had a 50% special, which happens pretty often, on green tags. It was so great, I got work-out pants and t-shirts and other assorted goodies for between $.50 and $3.00. I checked out the boys shoes, and there wasn't much selection. But men's clothing was bountiful! So that is the first place I would say to get some nice used menswear.

They also take donations here of course, so get rid of some stuff and then get more!

Second, Hampy, I would suggest going to City Bird in Midtown/Wayne State area. They have a nice little selection of mens and womens vintage clothing that I think might suit your taste. It would be a nice and close place for you to look.

There is also a Value World at 8300 Woodward Ave., which might be a little trek but can sometimes have good things.

Apparently, Showtime Clothing at 5708 Woodware Ave. also has thrift clothes, but I have never been there so I can't say. I am sure it is worth checking out!

Finally, there is a St. Vincent DePaul at 3000 Gratiot Ave, which is also a little out of the way on a bicycle.

Sneakers are a little trickier. Of course you can always look for shoes at thrift stores. I also heard that might be able to get some fancier, nice sneakers at The Source at 2959 Woodward or at that Bob Classic Kicks at 4717 Woodward. I am going to keep investigating to see if I can find a more concrete source for affordable mens sneakers in town.

I love you and hope this helps!!
Lost



No comments:

Post a Comment