LOST ON LAFAYETTE


Help Me Help You

Saturday

Dear Detroit,

The other night in Woodbridge I was talking with a friend about perfume. I love collecting perfumes and am lucky enough to have an Aunt who does too, so I get a lot of gifts. But what if I wanted to get a gift for my friend to introduce her to this wonderful pastime? Where could I get perfume without driving to the Nordstrom in Somerset, 30 to 40 minutes away?

If there was one thing I would ask for from a genie, besides perfect grades in law school and a trust fund, is for a department store of some kind in downtown Detroit. Department stores are so useful in a sense that in a Downtown emergency--like if I have to go to court and my nylons rip I can get a new pair, or I spilled spaghetti sauce at lunch on my dress shirt and have to be at a meeting in 20 minutes--you can run over and get the professional or casual style needed in a flash.

When I was little my mom would take me to the Christmas window displays at the Macy's in San Francisco every year to admire all of the festive decorations in the store. It was such a nice community event with kids and old people admiring the puppets acting out Christmas stories. Anyway, I would love to take my kids to something like that on Woodward and then go get a snack in Campus Martius and ice-skate.

Just a thought, Detroit!

In case you do need some perfume and don't want to drive in any direction out of the city to a mall there is Scentsations at tower 300 in the Rennaisance Center. I am going to go over there and check out their prices and selection. So, keep posted for another perfume update!

Love, Lost on Lafayette

No comments:

Post a Comment