LOST ON LAFAYETTE


Help Me Help You

Thursday

Next week I have law skool exams.

sucks to be me. but, it does give a nice opportunity to talk about my favorite places to study and get food when I am unable to take care of myself whatsoever.

First, I want to give a major shoutout to my fav cafeteria at the Detroit Institute of Arts. They seriously have salads and entrees of all kinds, a nice coffee and tea bar, with classic heavy porcelain plates and a cozy eating area. I really love going over there when I am super stressed because I can get a good healthy meal, for an affordable price, and then go look at art. It has seriously been the best way to relax, ever. Now, I am a member of the museum, [which you really should be] so I just walk in and gnosh but I am not sure if you have to be a member to eat in the caf. Probably. In which case you should buy a membership here because it is awesome and you get discounts on like everything and the museum rules. They have one of the most impressive Impressionist era collections in the world! Whoah, sorry. Anyway...

Second place to get yourself together: Curl up and Dye. I KNOW I ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THEM BUT SERIOUSLY. I go get my nails done with organic non-bad nail polish surrounded by really cool ladies and drink coffee. If that isn't relaxing I don't know what is dudes!

Third, back to food, Avalon Bakery at 442 West Willis has the best pre-made sandwiches in the cooler behind the bar. Don't be scared by the line! Go get a sandwich! Also, eye the pastries for breakfast because seriously they are so worth it--especially after a night of studying until you fall asleep on your book.

Fourth, when you are in the need of gorging after not eating for a couple of days because of fear of failure, I like to go to Shangri-la at 4710 Cass Ave. Why, you may ask? BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIM SUM, DUH!!!! In case you have not had dim sum, that is ridiculous and you must go this weekend and eat at this place. If you have, then you understand me when I say that this place has the best friggin' dim sum I have had outside of San Francisco. We went for Chinese New Year, it was awesome. They have pork buns and shu mai and rice buns and sesame buns ahhhhhhhh sooooo goooooood!!!!!!!

Fifth, and finally, is Slow's. Now everyone always rants about how great it is so I will leave you to decide how much you love their BBQ blah blah. Why do I panic and go there? Because they have huge portions which you can take home and eat for days. Also, if you go late at night--they serve until midnite--you can miss the dinner crowd and get super good food super fast and go home and do more work or pass out. The next day you have more delicious food waiting for you.

I also want to thank my tv dinner's who are made by Amy's because they never fail to please. These delicious perfectly sized meals are not only healthy and low in sodium, but taste like real food. My favorite is the broccoli cheddar bowl. You would be surprised how many stores in Detroit have them! I go to habortown because it is by my house, but they also have them at Honey Bee and that Spartan store over on Wayne's campus. Don't eat that hungry jack crap!

I love you! Don't think I don't because I am locked up in my house or at one of these places!

No comments:

Post a Comment