LOST ON LAFAYETTE


Help Me Help You

Thursday




















So, I was studying for my exam and didn't exactly get as far as I would have liked...but I got started.

First I went to the Dollar Tree on Jefferson and got party supplies. Unbelievably they have plastic cups for shots, metal decorative trays to put said shots on, and other assorted goodies including a bead necklace with an attached shot glass. But, enough about shots.

I also got awesome fiesta themed streamers and eyeglasses and table cloths and napkins and plastic-ware. They also have some sweet neon party cups, which I bought in abundance. Amoung other assorted goodies for $40, it wasn't half bad! Thanks Dollar store!

Then, I went to "La Colmena" Honey Bee market on Bagley St. in Mexican Town. I bought these two sweet pinatas, snacks, tortillas and all the fresh food delights for the taco bar!!! I hesitated to buy ice cream or cookies, and too much food before the day because I foresaw that I would eat it all...and I have chowed into the chips and salsa already. Another trip is forthcoming! The pinatas are pretty big and nice, so $15 each I though was reasonable. Their produce is always affordable and a bag of tortillas was like $3!!

So far the party is going to be on the cheap! Or so I thought. I went to Marcus Market on Second Ave. to ask about a keg and for PBR it was going to be $70 plus $100 for the deposite! What?!? That seemed really expensive. I think that I can get a keg in town for better than that--or at least better beer. We'll See!!

1 comment:

  1. Atwater will sell you a keg that cheap. Keg deposit has become expensive because it is made of metal. People like to sell scrap metal. They find a keg and bring it to a scrap yard and the scrap yard guy is like "hey, do you actually own this?". And the guy is like yeah and also this is my shopping cart that I pushed it in here is mine too. Also, this aluminum siding is mine. And the scrap yard guy is like "yeah okay I'll give you $5 because it must be yours Mr... what was your name?" "Alex Foley you say?".

    Then Alex Foley goes to the dollar store and buys a three ounce frozen steak.

    ReplyDelete